You are the HR Manager for the Pleasantville School District. Although it hadn’t done so before, the district recently implemented a person-focused pay program. This program offers a pay increase to teachers who pursue additional education and training. You were on the team that developed this policy, which has been approved but has not yet been disseminated district-wide.
One of the high school teachers has scheduled an appointment with you to review how the program works. You plan to review the policy with the teacher and give him a paper copy as a leave-behind piece.
In this post:
- Write the policy for the Pleasantville School District’s person-focused pay program that will be shared with the teacher. At a minimum, be sure to address the person-focused pay program’s:
- Purpose and description, including effective policy dates.
- Eligibility requirements. (Who is eligible to participate in the program?)
- Acceptable types of education and training. (What is eligible for reimbursement?)
- Awards for successful completion of training or education (promotional opportunities, compensation, non-monetary rewards, et cetera).
Note: Remember that well-written policies are understandable and to the point. Keep the policy to one page at most