Review the following lectures:
- Management and Labor Relations
- Evolution of the Labor Relations Movement
- Legal Influences and Union Representation
You have just been hired as the director of HR and Operations for a stadium. At present, you are responsible for nine hundred employees. So far, the employees have been content with the employer-employee relationship. However, you have just been notified by one of the managers that a well-established union has been targeting all stadiums in the state. In addition, the manager has also informed you that an emerging union is also targeting the organizations. Of course, the management team would prefer to have a union-free work environment, but this is not an option. To assess this scenario, you will need to research some of the most powerful and emerging (weakest) unions.
- Identify an industry or organization where there is a strong union presence.
- Analyze the reason the union is so powerful.
- Evaluate the potential outcome for the organization if a powerful union is elected by the employees (for example, productivity, wages, compensation, layoffs, and growth).
- Evaluate the potential outcome for the organization if an emerging (weak) union is elected by the employees (for example, productivity, wages, compensation, layoffs, and growth).
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 2-page word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5070_W1_Project_LastName_FirstName.