1.Effective managers can successfully locate and apply relevant human resources laws and regulations. The United States Department of Labor website is an excellent source of reliable information.
Access the search box of the U.S. Dept. of Labor website located at www.dol.gov.
Choose three laws from the list below to research:
· Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
· Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
· Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
· Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
· Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
· Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
· National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
· Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
· Sarbanes-Oxley Act (see whistleblower protection provisions)
For each of your three chosen laws, provide a bulleted list of five or six relevant facts that you believe have significance for line managers.
2.Should executives receive bonuses if the organization is underperforming? The response may seem apparent, but if you think they should not, would you apply the same standard to your position (assuming you are not an executive)? That is, should you receive a bonus or pay increase only when your company is doing well, even though you do not have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line? Provide an explanation for your response. Support your response with an APA citation and reference.