- Case Scenario: Milagros Amaro located in Chapter 8 on page 149
- What is the response of the staff to Milagros’s incomplete health records on her children? What assumptions underlie this response?
- How could the N.P best communicate with Reynaldo while preserving his rights to privacy and confidentiality?
- What health-related issues are essential when caring for migrant agricultural workers? Why are these health-related issues important?
- What attributes do nurses working with migrant agricultural workers need to refine to function as effective advocates for their patients?
- Scenario 4: John located in Chapter 9 on page 172
- How many interactions have you had with people who identify as LGBTQIA? Would you have known at the time that your patient was LGBTQIA? How might these experiences have prepared you for interactions with patients like John?
- What role do you play as a nurse when John’s family and friends become unaware of his gender reassignment plans?
- What are some best practices that organizations can put in place to foster a more welcoming environment for patients who are LGBTQIA? Would you recognize when you need help to approach John’s situation because you are uncomfortable working with someone like him?
- Describe heterosexism, cissexism, homophobia, and transphobia? What steps should a nurse take to address these biases?
- What is the most sensitive way to elicit information about health practices that allows the LGBTQIA patient to answer questions honestly and enables the nurse to complete a practical assessment?
Your presentation should be 20 slides (not including title, objectives, and references slides) with detailed notes for each slide, including audio. Be sure to answer all the questions completely. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Introduction must include the 2 scenarios. Conclusion must include the 2 scenarios.
Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations by going to the Writing and Resource center, Module 3: Assignments, Microsoft, and utilizing Microsoft Overview and the Creating a Quality PowerPoint video.
Length: At least 20 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Audio must be included.
Title slide (1 slide)
Content slides (20)
References (1 slide)
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources for each scenario to support your claims. Reference must be within 5 years.