Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Suppose you are a security director for a consulting firm that implements, secures, investigates, and supports point-of-sale (POS) for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the retail industry.
Read the article titled, “If you shopped at these 16 stores in the last year, your data might have been stolen” located at https://www.businessinsider.com/data-breaches-2018-4 Choose 2 stores from the list and research the specific attack or breach.
Write a paper in which you:
- Summarize the attacks, providing details on the effects of the breach.
- Identify the common purpose of attacks on point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Assess why and how these POS systems have become a prime target for hacking groups.
- Examine the forensics challenges that exist for investigations on POS systems.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment other than the article linked above. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.