- Beasley, M. S. (2016). What is Enterprise Risk Management? Retrieved from https://erm.ncsu.edu/az/erm/i/chan/library/What_is_Enterprise_Risk_Management.pdf
- Hopkin, P. (2017). Fundamentals of Risk Management: Understanding, Evaluating and Implementing Effective Risk Management (Vol. Fourth Edition). New York: Kogan – Pages 96-103. ( Part Two, Section 08 Enterprise Risk Management)
After reading both articles this week, and any other relevant research you locate, please discuss the following:
Please summarize, in your own words, a description of enterprise risk management. Why do you feel ERM is different from traditional risk management?
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.