What were the most interesting things you have learned from this course?
Write something about the course Strategic Management
1 page with references will do
Case Study 8.1
Read Mini Case STRUGGLING SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS and answer case study questions 1 and 2 under Corporate Strategy only
1. What makes Samsung a conglomerate? What type of diversification does Samsung pursue? Identify possible factors such as core competencies, economies of scale, and economies of scope that were the basis of its past success as a widely diversified conglomerate (chaebol). Why is Samsung as a conglomerate struggling today?
2. Despite being a widely diversified conglomerate, Samsung prefers vertical integration: in-house design and development teams, manufacturing in large company-owned factories, and coordinating a sprawling global supply chain. In contrast, Apple concentrates on the design of high-end mobile devices, while it outsources its production to Foxconn and others. Do you think Samsung’s high degree of vertical integration contributed to its recent problems? Why or why not?
- 3 -4 pages in length (excluding the cover page, abstract, and reference list)
- APA format, Use the APA template located in the Student Resource Center to complete the assignment.
- Please use the Case Study Guide as a reference point for writing your case study.