Imagine you have been asked to deliver a two-part informative workshop at a local health care expo by your Director of Community Outreach. Before he approves your workshop, you have to submit a proposal for each workshop that thoroughly discusses the content you would like to present. The first half of the workshop will inform the expo attendees of the demand of health care services as well as the cost of the services, expenditure to the health care industry, and payment sources used by the health care industry. It is important that consumers are aware of these concepts as they consider available health care services; therefore, you will want emphasize how the information you are sharing makes them better consumers.
Proposal Part l
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you present the content you would like to discuss in the workshop to help increase overall consumer awareness regarding health care services.
Include the following in your paper:
- Analyze the demand for health care services.
- How does the demand for health care services differ from other consumer purchases?
- What are the relationships between:
- Changes in the cost of treatment or medicines and the demand for health care services?
- Consumer/patient need and the demand for health care services?
- How do changes in the behaviors of the consumers increase and/or decrease the demand for health care services?
- Why is it important for consumers to understand the demand for health services?
- Analyze the cost structure for the delivery of health care services.
- How do different markets (large city vs. rural area) affect the cost of health care services?
- What impact do specialized services (e.g., cancer or orthopedic centers) have on health care costs?
- How do specialized service centers differ from traditional hospitals?
- How are the objectives different for a for-profit vs. a non-profit health care organization?
- Why is it important for consumers to understand the cost structure for the delivery of health care services?
- Analyze the major sources of health care spending.
- How has the trend of health care costs regarding the overall economy changed over the past several decades?
- What impact does technology have on health care costs?
- Why is it important for consumers to know the major sources of health care spending?
- Analyze the various payment sources and mechanisms in the health care industry.
- What sources are used to pay the costs of health care services other than self-pay and private health insurance?
- What impact does the government have on payment sources for health care services?
- Why is it important for consumers to know the payment sources for health care services?
Cite four textbook, peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support the assignment.