This assignment is very very important and directions must be followed please.
Assignment 4: Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) Development
Due Week 10 and worth 250 points
Your previous contributions addressing a variety of important topics outlined in all previous assignments for this course are deemed essential in supporting the business’ overall organizational structure and competitive advantage strategy. It is now time to consider developing your own HR department team to ensure they have the requisite skills and competencies necessary to perform at high levels over time. Effective and motivated HR business partners (HRBP) will be the key to translating HR and business strategy into action. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK) can be an invaluable resource to help develop and certify HR professionals. You must now explain to the management team the components of this model and how it can be leveraged to achieve operational success for the HR department. A 1-hour meeting has been scheduled and the CEO will be in attendance.
Create a 20-slide minimum PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Include cover, presentation agenda, conclusion, and reference list slides, all of which may count toward total slide count.
- Provide a slide with an overview on the importance of having a highly developed staff of HR business partners. Be clear with your position. HINT: http://www.scottmadden.com/wp-content/uploads/userFiles/misc/8d0d88c7547b6e2b8f6f6fcba6a9d6b3.pdf
- Provide 1-4 slides introducing the SHRM BoCK model and its components. Be sure to highlight each of the areas of the model. NOTE: It is highly recommended to insert an image of the actual SHRM BoCK model into the presentation.
- Include in the remaining slides the following required presentation information:
- Provide a minimum of three (3) to four (4) bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing specifics on the SHRM-BoCK’s “Behavioral Competencies”
- Provide a minimum of three (3) to four (4) bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing specifics on the SHRM-BoCK’s “HR Expertise; Domains 1 & 2”
- Provide a minimum of three (3) to four (4) bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing specifics on the SHRM-BoCK’s “HR Expertise: Domains 3”
- Provide a minimum of three (3) to four (4) bullet points (more if needed) of information or discussion describing specifics on certifying your HRBP’s.
5. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: You may only use the textbook for this course, HR textbooks from other HR courses, or journal articles specifically about HR management. You may also use any of the HR certification references listed in the student guide.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Select any one of three professional PowerPoint templates provided by the instructor and located in the course information section (Required). Not using any required template will result in 5 deducted points.
- Have headings for each major section that has the same font and size throughout the presentation. Font preference is Times New Roman and size at least 24 pt and no more than 28 pt.
- Bullet information aligned neatly and properly using the same font as heading and at least 16 pt and no more than 20 pt. for text.
- Images may be used but must be professional and relevant to the topic. The source(s) of all images must be credited with both citation and reference. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include throughout presentation citations and references for all information received from other sources.
- All bullet point information must be descriptive and have a minimum of 3-4 full sentences. Presentation notes are not required as long as requirements for bullet points are met.
The specific course outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Defend the importance of having a highly-developed staff of HR business partners
- Convince stakeholders of the value in using the SHRM BoCK model to achieve HR operational success.