HA3010 – Introduction to US Healthcare Delivery
Topic 08 Assignment: Final Paper Preparation
For this assignment, submit the research paper PREPARATION.
Over the next three weeks, you will be writing a paper over the topic of your choice regarding health care cost-cutting and cost-effectiveness of providing care. This broad “umbrella topic” provides you with a lot of topics such as diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), HMOs, PPOs, movement to ambulatory care, managed care, generic drug use, etc…
Here are examples of the top topics that students have chosen in the past:
1. Medicare, Medicaid, and their cost-effectiveness and cost savings
2. PPO vs. HMO’s and their cost-effectiveness and cost savings
3. Generic drugs vs. name-brand drugs and their cost-effectiveness and cost savings
4. Compare different long term services and their cost-effectiveness and cost savings (just like you discussed in week 7)
5. Any other topic you would like….just get it approved by me this week in your paper prep submission
The paper is due the last day of class. This paper must:
be at least 3 pages (double-spaced) not including cover page or references
include at least 3 references
Do not plagiarize; this error is best avoided by properly paraphrasing authors’ works and giving credit to the author.
For this assignment, submit your paper topic for instructor approval. In addition, provide to your instructor citations for at least 3 articles you will use in your paper, and also submit a brief summary of each article.
You should start your research on the NAU Online Library’s Allied Health Subject Guide. For information on using the library, see “Using the Library and Our Databases.”