What do you think of when you read the term “mental disorder?” Do you envision someone who is acting wild and out of control, or a perpetually sad person who can’t function? In reality, extremes such as these describe only a small fraction of people with psychological illnesses. Many affected people go through life with few others knowing of their condition and contribute to the world in much the same way as others.
In this assignment, you will select a disorder you would like to learn more about.
Perform the following tasks:
· Select a psychological disorder you would like to research.
· Research the most appropriate treatment for the disorder.
· Include at least two sources in your research. Include references and a bibliography. Your resources should include this week’s readings, in addition to the external research you conduct using outside sources. The LIRN is an excellent place to find information.
· Once you have completed your research, compose a paper detailing what you have learned. Include the following information:
- Summarize the disorder, including symptoms and behaviors
Describe the most appropriate treatment for the disorder