The Resurrection of Jesus
The significance of the resurrection of Jesus for apologetics cannot be overstated. The resurrection of Jesus presents the central and foundational evidence of the truth of Christianity.Compose a thread in which you discuss the significance of the resurrection and how the resurrection can be incorporated into a defense of Christianity. Your thread must demonstrate a clear grasp of the issues addressed in your assigned reading. You must incorporate the following topics from your assigned reading:
- The historical facts of the death, the empty tomb, and the postmortem appearances of Jesus
- The transformation of Jesus’ disciples
- Alternative naturalistic explanations
- Why one of the alternative naturalistic explanations presents the greatest challenge, and what you believe is the best response.
At the bottom of your thread, be sure to include a total word count.
Submit your thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday.
Reply to at least 2 of your classmates’ threads. In your replies, you must:
- Emphasize why you agree or disagree with your classmates’ threads.
- Articulate important ideas in your classmates’ threads (that are not in your thread) that are related to the ideas presented in the prompt.
- Expand on the main points being made in your classmates’ threads.
Your intent is to give a well-thought-out reply that furthers the conversation and adds substance to the discussion. At the bottom of your replies, be sure to include a total word count.
Submit your replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.