Watch Course Related Videos: Throughout the course, you will be required to watch various course-related videos located in Canvas. Each one of the videos will help you understand Crisis Communication on a deeper level.
- Make a connection to the readings, videos or recordings for the week.
- Posts will be made in the Canvas discussion forum.
- Each post should be at least 3 paragraphs in length.
- Read Benoit, W. L. and A. Czerwinski. (September 1997) A critical analysis of US Air’s image repair discourse. Business Communication Quarterly; New York; 60(3) pp. 38-57.
- Read Coombs, W.T and Sherry Holladay. (September 2008). Comparing apology to equivalent crisis response strategies: Clarifying apology’s role and value in crisis communication. Public Relations Review, (34 (3) pp. 252-257.
- Read Rowland, Robert C.; and Angela M. Jerome (Aug 12, 2004 ) “On Organizational Apologia.” Communication Theory; 14, 3; pp. 191+.
- Read Johnson, Ward (Summer 2007) Preserving the hokie spirit at Virginia tech. Public Relations Strategist, 13(3) pp. 6-13
- Watch: Managing a Crisis and Your Company’s Reputation